Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review: "The Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith / J.K Rowling


I don't really get the rave reviews about this book.  It's OK - good enough to make me want to finish reading to find out who the killer was - even though I already had a good idea who it was, but it's not a book that I would RAVE about.  I have a feeling people only like it and rave about it because it's a likable author using a pen name.  *shrugs*
 
Anyway, the book is filled with annoying, unnecessary characters.  Robin, for instance is completely useless.  I kept waiting for something to happen to her.. either hook up with the main character or get kidnapped or whatever, but she just kept serving tea and cookies and acted all "i'm so innocent but so good at this detective work thing".  UGH.  Sure she helped Strike with some detective work, but seriously, he could have done that himself.. he SHOULD have done it himself if he wanted to be called a "detective".  The other thing that annoyed me was the ending - it was way tooooooooooooo long.  It was so long, that the character was like "I was thirsty from all that talking" - HAHAHAHA!  Anyway, check it out if you want to read something light and easy, just don't expect too much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment